The request was made to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat by Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla.
123 members voted against the motion while 109 voted in its favour after a two-day animated debate during which the Opposition attacked the proposal to allow 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail, while the government strongly justified it saying it was in the best interest of the country.
Shukla said the vote of FDI exposed the myth that the government is in minority in Rajya Sabha and the Opposition has majority.
From Our Network
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Sonam Kapoor on Aishwarya’s ‘purple pout’: She wanted to be talked about