"Government is open for a discussion on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail. The primary concern is that the house must be allowed to function," Kamal Nath told reporters in the Parliament House complex.
He said the government would try to strike an agreement in the all-party meet. However, he remained noncommittal on whether the government would allow a debate under rules that entail voting.
Major opposition parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Left, have been demanding a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue under rule 184, which entails voting.
From Our Network
- Google tax to start from June 1: Here's everything you need to know
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?
- No early age to start: Seven year old Chennai girl publishes her first book
- Exclusive: Baal Veer to get a new friend!