The Congress has won 121 seats in Karnataka while the BJP is set to win 40 seats. Janata Dal-Secular has won 40 seats and fared marginally better than some predictions.
The CNN-IBN exit poll had given the BJP 43-53, against the pre-poll survey's 39-49.
The exit poll by CNN-IBN, while giving the Congress victory, had revised its estimates to 100-116 seats following the change in the political scenario of the state. The earlier pre-poll survey, conducted along with The Week, in the second week of April had given the party 117-129 seats.
Headlines Today-C-Voter poll gave the Congress 114, the BJP 55, the JD-S 34, the Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) 11 and others nine.
Three Kannada TV channels gave the following projection:
Suvarna-C-Fore: Congress: 109-120, BJP: 49-60, JD-S: 34-41 KJP: up to 12, others: 10-15.
TV9-C-Voter: Congress: 110-118, BJP: 51-59, JD-S: 31-37, KJP: 9-13, others: 7-11.
Public TV: Congress: 119, BJP: 39-49, JD-S: 34-44, KJP+others: 14.
Of the 225-member Karnataka assembly, one member is nominated, while polling to one seat was countermanded following a candidate's death.
From Our Network
- Odisha villager hacks toll-free number of private company, causes Rs 60 lakh loss
- Sharad Yadav, Ram Jethmalani, Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha polls
- Army kills 8 insurgents in Myanmar responsible for Manipur ambush
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here