This was announced by activist Arvind Kejriwal, leader of India Against Corruption (IAC), in a tweet this morning.
“Congress and BJP have got together to loot Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal scam. (There will be) gherao of Prime Minister's and Nitin Gadkari's residences. Let us assemble at Jantar Mantar on August 26 (at) 10 AM,” he tweeted.
The announcement came as a CAG report said that the exchequer lost around Rs 1.86 lakh crore due to coal bloc allocation without competitive bidding during 2005-09. Earlier, the erstwhile Team Anna had decided to hold the first meeting of preparatory committee this Sunday which will chalk out the ways for formation of a political party.
However, now this meeting is likely to take place in the first week of September as they are yet to finalise the names. Team Anna had earlier this month decided to take a political plunge.
Last week, the activists had threatened to file a PIL in court and carry out a referendum to “expose” the UPA on coal block allocations if the government does not constitute a special team to probe allegations.
“We have raised it on May 25. All our allegations have come true now. All parties are involved in it since screening committees have representatives of states also. “We demand cancellation of allotments of coal blocks. Lodge FIR, constitute an SIT, failing which we will file PIL in court and carry out referendum on the issue to expose the government,” Kejriwal had said.
From Our Network
- PM Modi unhappy with MPs recommending 100% salary hike
- Why no action taken against 33 Congress MPs in RS, asks TMC
- PM Modi asks BJP MPs to take govt's success story to people
- Honesty punished, dishonesty rewarded in party: TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Adorable! Ranveer Singh calls Deepika Padukone ‘meri wali’
- Too cute to handle! First pic of Mr. & Mrs. Karan Singh Grover post their wedding
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- If you won’t fund F-16 jets, will get them from elsewhere: Pakistan tells US