This was announced by activist Arvind Kejriwal, leader of India Against Corruption (IAC), in a tweet this morning.
“Congress and BJP have got together to loot Rs 1.86 lakh crore in coal scam. (There will be) gherao of Prime Minister's and Nitin Gadkari's residences. Let us assemble at Jantar Mantar on August 26 (at) 10 AM,” he tweeted.
The announcement came as a CAG report said that the exchequer lost around Rs 1.86 lakh crore due to coal bloc allocation without competitive bidding during 2005-09. Earlier, the erstwhile Team Anna had decided to hold the first meeting of preparatory committee this Sunday which will chalk out the ways for formation of a political party.
However, now this meeting is likely to take place in the first week of September as they are yet to finalise the names. Team Anna had earlier this month decided to take a political plunge.
Last week, the activists had threatened to file a PIL in court and carry out a referendum to “expose” the UPA on coal block allocations if the government does not constitute a special team to probe allegations.
“We have raised it on May 25. All our allegations have come true now. All parties are involved in it since screening committees have representatives of states also. “We demand cancellation of allotments of coal blocks. Lodge FIR, constitute an SIT, failing which we will file PIL in court and carry out referendum on the issue to expose the government,” Kejriwal had said.
From Our Network
- New mom Dimpy Ganguly gets trolled over her pregnancy, hubby Rohit Roy hits back at haters
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai
- With coming of driverless cars, security the biggest concern: MIT Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Tragic! 21-year-old hangs herself after finding her obscene pictures posted on Facebook