Speaking at a party programme, BJP General Secretary Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “Such behaviour from the police is unacceptable. This is an attack on the freedom of the press,” he said.
Prasad criticised the Delhi Police for causing undue delay in taking the victim and her friend to hospital. “The two were lying semi-clad on the road after the incident and police personnel from three PCR vans were arguing for 25 minutes about whose jurisdiction the case falls under and who should take them to hospital,” Prasad said.
Suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani slammed Delhi police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar for not conducting an inquiry and fixing responsibility for the lapse.
“We should have known that this has happened, what is the Police Commissioner doing there, is he assaulting protestors doing all kind of funny things and what has to be done he doesn't do. Which police inspector is responsible, which sub-inspector is responsible. The head of the police force should have by now have taken action,” he said.
Making a scathing attack on police, he said, “You must believe the injured person more, the police is totally untrustworthy.
“Why this poor boy who has been injured will speak a lie?” Jethmalani asked.
From Our Network
- Google tax to start from June 1: Here's everything you need to know
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?
- No early age to start: Seven year old Chennai girl publishes her first book
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors