"Eighty percent of the work on the first draft of the Jan Lokpal bill has been completed and the remaining work will be done soon. We are at it," Srivastava told IANS.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal appointed a committee, headed by Srivastava, to work on the Jan Lokpal bill, and it was expected to submit the first draft Jan 15.
The Kejriwal-led government had vowed to pass the Jan Lokpal bill after the party won the Delhi assembly polls, with the chief minister announcing its passage in the first week of February.
From Our Network
- By 2026, 33% Lok Sabha MPs will come from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal
- CBI summons ousted Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat in sting operation case
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- 10 hottest pictures of Poonam Pandey on Twitter!
- 3 arrested for allegedly raping nursing student in Kerala