However, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will not go to Surajkund by bus due to security reasons. Union ministers and top Congress leaders will attend the brainstorming session which comes at a time when the party and the government are facing tough challenges on political and economic fronts.
The day-long “dialogue session” is likely to chalk out the strategy ahead. It may also take a view on the issue of alliances in different states.
The Congress has utilised bus rides by local leaders to project a picture of unity and to connect with the common man during state elections in past.
The dialogue session comes after the public meeting here on November 4, which saw Sonia and Rahul strongly backing the economic reform measures initiated by the Prime Minister. The session will discuss three topics - present political situation, economic challenges and status of implementation of 2009 party manifesto.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob
- Indus era at least 8,000 years old, not 5,500 years: IIT, ASI scientists