This emerged clear after a 90-minute meeting Congress emissary Ghulam Nabi Azad had with DMK chief M Karunanidhi in a bid to take the southern ally on board to counter opposition demand for a discussion on the issue in Parliament under rules that entail voting.
Observing that his visit was to obtain the views of the DMK chief on discussion about voting “if any and whenever it takes place in Parliament,” Azad said, “I must be candid enough to say that he (Karunanidhi) has lot of reservations about FDI in retail sector.”
Azad, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, told reporters he had informed Karunanidhi that when FDI was cleared by the Centre there were apprehensions among state governments and political parties including DMK.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!