This emerged clear after a 90-minute meeting Congress emissary Ghulam Nabi Azad had with DMK chief M Karunanidhi in a bid to take the southern ally on board to counter opposition demand for a discussion on the issue in Parliament under rules that entail voting.
Observing that his visit was to obtain the views of the DMK chief on discussion about voting “if any and whenever it takes place in Parliament,” Azad said, “I must be candid enough to say that he (Karunanidhi) has lot of reservations about FDI in retail sector.”
Azad, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, told reporters he had informed Karunanidhi that when FDI was cleared by the Centre there were apprehensions among state governments and political parties including DMK.
From Our Network
- Panama Papers leak pits PM Nawaz Sharif against both Pakistan Army and Imran Khan
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Vijay Mallya to be expelled from Rajya Sabha, concludes Parliament Panel
- Met LG not for withdrawal of cases against AAP leaders: Satyendra Jain
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Best Boyfriend Ever: Virat Kohli is making special plans to amaze Anushka on her birthday!
- Decoded: How Anant Ambani lost 108 kg in 18 months (Watch Video)
- US: Drunk Indian-origin lady doctor fired after video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral
- This never seen pic of Hrithik and Kangana is proof that Duggu had relations with Queen