The probe agency has charged Grace Industries and Vikash Metals and Powers Limited for alleged misrepresentation of their net worth and joint venture to illegally get coal blocks, CBI sources said.
The sources said raids are being carried out at seven locations in Kolkata, Nagpur, Purulia and few other places. The Managing Directors of these companies and unknown government officials have been charged with cheating, criminal conspiracy and under sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
Earlier, the CBI had registered five cases this month in this connection.
The cases were registered against AMR Iron & Steel Private Ltd, JLD Yavatmal Energy Ltd, Navbharat Power Private Limited, Vini Iron & Steel Udyog Ltd and JAS Infrastructure Capital Private Ltd.
From Our Network
- Kuldeep Bishnoi confirms HJC’s merger with Congress, formal announcement tomorrow
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Sajjad Gani Lone: A dark horse in Kashmir?
- Will Keshav Maurya end BJP's 14-year political exile in Uttar Pradesh?
- Case registered against BJP's Roopa Ganguly for assaulting woman voter
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- Delhi 'most polluted city' of the World: WHO
- True Gentleman: Hrithik comes to Kangana’s rescue after Twitteratti labelled her ‘characterless’
- Scientists discover 3 earth-sized planets which could support life