Enthusiastic voters, including women, turned up in substantial numbers at the polling booths spread over the three districts of Dehradun, Tehri and Uttarkashi to exercise their franchise in the bypoll necessitated after the Chief Minister resigned from the seat following his victory from Sitarganj Assembly constituency.
A total of 1185606 voters including 563845 women will decide the fate of 14 candidates in the fray for the bypoll in which Congress and BJP are locked in a straight contest.
2011 polling booths have been set up out of which 334 have been identified as hyper sensitive and 311 as sensitive. Elaborate security arrangements have been made to ensure peaceful, free and fair polling, official sources said.
From Our Network
- History of dance bars in Mumbai, 10 unknown facts
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime
- Sarbjit falls flat at Box Office; collects just Rs 16 crore in 4 days
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof