"This case is related to attack on Mumbai and Headley should be extradited to India and the trial be held here. In fairness of justice, he should be sent to India," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
"The sentence handed down to Headley is perhaps for the death of six Americans killed on Indian soil. What about the other people killed across Mumbai in the ghastly act? BJP demands justice for them, which is only possible when Headley is brought to India to be tried by our courts," Rudy said.
He said the sentence was only "partial" as it was awarded by a US court under their laws for the killing of American citizens.
Rudy said "We want him to be tried like Ajmal Kasab. No Indian can settle for less than death sentence for Headley.. We demand from the government of India to bring Headley to India without delay as the crime was committed on Indian soil," he said.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi to enter Bollywood soon?
- Subramanian Swamy accuses Raghuram Rajan of favouring US multinationals
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war