"This case is related to attack on Mumbai and Headley should be extradited to India and the trial be held here. In fairness of justice, he should be sent to India," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
"The sentence handed down to Headley is perhaps for the death of six Americans killed on Indian soil. What about the other people killed across Mumbai in the ghastly act? BJP demands justice for them, which is only possible when Headley is brought to India to be tried by our courts," Rudy said.
He said the sentence was only "partial" as it was awarded by a US court under their laws for the killing of American citizens.
Rudy said "We want him to be tried like Ajmal Kasab. No Indian can settle for less than death sentence for Headley.. We demand from the government of India to bring Headley to India without delay as the crime was committed on Indian soil," he said.
From Our Network
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Paswan to sit on dharna tomorrow in support of toddy sellers
- Second, short affidavit was to ‘dispel misinterpretation’, Chidambaram says on Ishrat Jahan controversy
- BJP, Congress lock horns over ‘Hindu terror’ issue
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- She still got the moves: Aishwarya dancing on Dola Re, Dhoom Machale will make you go WOW!
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar