Modi's birthday was celebrated for the first time at the state BJP headquarters here, and hundreds of party leaders including legislators and MPs and workers joined the event. Sweets and cakes were distributed.
A big cake was cut by senior BJP leader and Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, who told newspersons that he was celebrating the birthday of a man who was "the builder of the nation". He added that people wanted to see Modi as prime minister.
Hundreds of large hoardings of Modi have been put up across the state, particularly in Patna, by BJP leaders keen to project Modi as future prime minister.
Singh downplayed Nitish Kumar's reservations to Modi, saying there was no difference between the two leaders and that both chief ministers were "vikash purush" (men of development).
A few months ago, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar targeted Narendra Modi, saying the NDA should announce a secular prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha election.
From Our Network
- Is Kejriwal a heroine that I would force a hug on him, asks Lalu Yadav
- VVIP chopper deal: I am happy to be targeted, says Rahul Gandhi
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- PM Modi asks BJP MPs to take govt's success story to people
- Honesty punished, dishonesty rewarded in party: TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi
- After Jennifer Winget, Karan Singh Grover’s first wife Shraddha Nigam speaks up on his wedding with Bipasha Basu
- Forget Anushka, Virat spends special moments with 'the most beautiful woman in the world' (see pic)
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Alia Bhatt looks smoking hot on Filmfare cover
- Holi Hai: Shahnaz Hussain’s Skin & Hair Care Tips