The fate of state's top political leaders including the the fledgling Gujarat Parivartan Party(GPP) president Keshubhai Patel, a former Chief Minister and Modi's bete noire, BJP's R C Faldu and Congress' Arjun Modhwadia were sealed in today's voting in 87 of the 182 Assembly constituencies.
The voting held amid tight security was peaceful barring a couple of incidents of violence and a few complaints of technical glitches in Electronic Voting Machines(EVM).
“Approximately 67 per cent voting has taken place in the phase one of the state elections,” Additional chief electoral officer Sanjiv Kumar said in Ahmedabad.
The second phase will be held on December 17 while the counting of votes will be taken up on December 20.
Today's polling covered 48 in seven districts of Saurashtra region, 35 seats in seven districts of south Gujarat and four seats in Ahmedabad district.
From Our Network
- Candid Confession: When Abhishek shied away from taking Aradhya’s responsibility and said ‘bye’ to Ash
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Telugu Cinema witnesses turmoil as fans of film stars abuse each other on Internet
- 90's vs Present: 7 life posters to compare both eras, #5 is a must watch!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership