The fate of state's top political leaders including the the fledgling Gujarat Parivartan Party(GPP) president Keshubhai Patel, a former Chief Minister and Modi's bete noire, BJP's R C Faldu and Congress' Arjun Modhwadia were sealed in today's voting in 87 of the 182 Assembly constituencies.
The voting held amid tight security was peaceful barring a couple of incidents of violence and a few complaints of technical glitches in Electronic Voting Machines(EVM).
“Approximately 67 per cent voting has taken place in the phase one of the state elections,” Additional chief electoral officer Sanjiv Kumar said in Ahmedabad.
The second phase will be held on December 17 while the counting of votes will be taken up on December 20.
Today's polling covered 48 in seven districts of Saurashtra region, 35 seats in seven districts of south Gujarat and four seats in Ahmedabad district.
From Our Network
- Kuldeep Bishnoi confirms HJC’s merger with Congress, formal announcement tomorrow
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Sajjad Gani Lone: A dark horse in Kashmir?
- Will Keshav Maurya end BJP's 14-year political exile in Uttar Pradesh?
- Case registered against BJP's Roopa Ganguly for assaulting woman voter
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- Delhi 'most polluted city' of the World: WHO
- True Gentleman: Hrithik comes to Kangana’s rescue after Twitteratti labelled her ‘characterless’
- Scientists discover 3 earth-sized planets which could support life