Nirmal town police in Adilabad district, who had registered a case against Owaisi, arrested him from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8. He was later remanded in 14-day judicial custody.
A court in Nirmal town had yesterday sent the 42-year-old legislator from Chandrayanagutta in Hyderabad to police remand to facilitate his questioning.
Accordingly, a police team took Owaisi's custody from the Adilabad district jail and brought him to Armed Reserve Office here where he was being questioned in the presence of one of his lawyers and a doctor, police sources said.
FIRs were registered at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts after the legislator had used allegedly inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community during his public speeches last month.
Subsequently, the Hyderabad police booked the MIM leader following a court directive while police in Kadapa district registered another case against him yesterday.
From Our Network
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Kuldeep Bishnoi confirms HJC’s merger with Congress, formal announcement tomorrow
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Rajya Sabha today
- Karan Johar, Rishi Kapoor launch online casting portal
- Astrologer had predicted Kangana would have demonic influence in her life on Salman’s show
- Marine Salvatore Girone will be home 'in a few weeks', says Italy