Nirmal town police in Adilabad district, who had registered a case against Owaisi, arrested him from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8. He was later remanded in 14-day judicial custody.
A court in Nirmal town had yesterday sent the 42-year-old legislator from Chandrayanagutta in Hyderabad to police remand to facilitate his questioning.
Accordingly, a police team took Owaisi's custody from the Adilabad district jail and brought him to Armed Reserve Office here where he was being questioned in the presence of one of his lawyers and a doctor, police sources said.
FIRs were registered at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts after the legislator had used allegedly inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community during his public speeches last month.
Subsequently, the Hyderabad police booked the MIM leader following a court directive while police in Kadapa district registered another case against him yesterday.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds