New Delhi: The jury is still out as to who will rule the hearts and minds of Shiv Sena supporters throughout Maharashtra after the sad demise of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray. Will it be son Udhav or nephew Raj?
Bal Thackeray used to wield incredible power not only over his party but over a large number of apolitical Maharashtrians, who loved his oratory and his cutting-edge remarks against opponents, real and imaginary.
The tussle between Raj and Udhav Thackeray's supporters seven years ago has now opened up the possibilities of a no-holds-barred scuffle for the Shiva Sena supremo's legacy. So long as Bal Thackeray was alive, Raj never dared to speak against him and listened to him with deference.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Members of Rs 100 crore club: These are the highest grossing Bollywood films till date
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Chabahar port deal 'not finished'; Pakistan, China welcome to join it: Iran
- Children climb 2,500 foot ladder to go to school, heartbreaking pics go viral