New Delhi: The jury is still out as to who will rule the hearts and minds of Shiv Sena supporters throughout Maharashtra after the sad demise of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray. Will it be son Udhav or nephew Raj?
Bal Thackeray used to wield incredible power not only over his party but over a large number of apolitical Maharashtrians, who loved his oratory and his cutting-edge remarks against opponents, real and imaginary.
The tussle between Raj and Udhav Thackeray's supporters seven years ago has now opened up the possibilities of a no-holds-barred scuffle for the Shiva Sena supremo's legacy. So long as Bal Thackeray was alive, Raj never dared to speak against him and listened to him with deference.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- Know Raghubar Das, the first non-tribal Chief Minister of Jharkhand
- Prospect of good monsoon rekindled hope for a good harvest: PM Modi
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- SRK’s ‘Fan’ disappoints at box office, ‘Jungle Book’ continues dream run
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait