New Delhi: The jury is still out as to who will rule the hearts and minds of Shiv Sena supporters throughout Maharashtra after the sad demise of Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray. Will it be son Udhav or nephew Raj?
Bal Thackeray used to wield incredible power not only over his party but over a large number of apolitical Maharashtrians, who loved his oratory and his cutting-edge remarks against opponents, real and imaginary.
The tussle between Raj and Udhav Thackeray's supporters seven years ago has now opened up the possibilities of a no-holds-barred scuffle for the Shiva Sena supremo's legacy. So long as Bal Thackeray was alive, Raj never dared to speak against him and listened to him with deference.
From Our Network
- NIA court rejects Sadhvi Pragya’s bail plea in 2008 Malegaon blast case
- There is gold in Gir cow urine, claim scientists at Gujarat varsity
- Not just two, ancient earth had several magnetic poles: Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- President forwards Subramanian Swamy's complaint against Arvind Kejriwal to MHA