But Rahul Gandhi never looked like being comfortable in the leadership role. He came across as a politician who was reluctant to take the lead in the electoral battlefield.
Political observers point out that Rahul Gandhi looked distracted in the 2014 election campaign and under his leadership the GOP gave its worst performance of its history.
With 44 MPs in Lok Sabha, the Congress party is technically not even entitled to the position of leader of opposition in Lok Sabha.
It was expected from Rahul that he'll lead the Congress party in the 16th Lok Sabha but he once again showed his reluctance for the job.
It's time to have a look at the life and journey of the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi:
Let's have a look at the life and political journey of Rahul Gandhi, the scion of India's first political family.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- Know Raghubar Das, the first non-tribal Chief Minister of Jharkhand
- Prospect of good monsoon rekindled hope for a good harvest: PM Modi
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- SRK’s ‘Fan’ disappoints at box office, ‘Jungle Book’ continues dream run
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait