But Rahul Gandhi never looked like being comfortable in the leadership role. He came across as a politician who was reluctant to take the lead in the electoral battlefield.
Political observers point out that Rahul Gandhi looked distracted in the 2014 election campaign and under his leadership the GOP gave its worst performance of its history.
With 44 MPs in Lok Sabha, the Congress party is technically not even entitled to the position of leader of opposition in Lok Sabha.
It was expected from Rahul that he'll lead the Congress party in the 16th Lok Sabha but he once again showed his reluctance for the job.
It's time to have a look at the life and journey of the Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi:
Let's have a look at the life and political journey of Rahul Gandhi, the scion of India's first political family.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Amitabh Bachchan speaks up on bahu Aishwarya’s ‘purple lips’, says ‘What’s wrong with that’
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way