Ahmedabad, Mar 12 : Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the Congress-led UPA government has lost its “credibility” in the eye of world for banning cotton export and then rolling it back buckling under pressure from allies.
Speaking at a seminar organised by North Indians settled in Gujarat in Surat, Modi lashed out at the Congress-led Central government saying it has lost trustworthiness.
“On one hand there is Gujarat which is providing an atmosphere of peace, unity and credibility, and on the other there is the UPA government in the Center whose credibility has sunk to the bottom,” Modi said.
“The recent example is that of the ban on export of cotton by the UPA government and then rolling it back following opposition from farmers,” he said. “Such dubious policies of the Union government has eroded its credibility at the international level.
It has now become clear globally that the Central government in India can not be trusted,” the chief minister said. He further alleged that the UPA government was neck deep in corruption.
“Gujarat has blessings of crores of people of India. Those conspiring to defame Gujarat or stop its progress and development, beware, we have never bowed down to such forces nor will we do so in the future,” Modi added.
From Our Network
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- Monsoon Session: Lok Sabha adjourned for the day after obituary references
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- AgustaWestland scam: ‘AP’ note authentic, says Italy judge
- Panama Papers leak: After Bachchans, Ajay Devgan's name surfaces
- Rishi Kapoor talks about son Ranbir’s love affairs and prospective ‘daughter-in-law’
- Keenan-Reuben case: All 4 convicts awarded life imprisonment till death
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu