The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary today gave an approval to the party's decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for the ensuing legislative council polls, the party's media in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the state parliamentary board's decision a day after the party's legislature unit had unanimously decided in this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the occasion.
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010 assembly polls.
From Our Network
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Maha: Row over CM relief fund used for dance troupe's Bangkok visit
- Paswan to sit on dharna tomorrow in support of toddy sellers
- Second, short affidavit was to ‘dispel misinterpretation’, Chidambaram says on Ishrat Jahan controversy
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- Rakhi Special: 5 Bollywood songs depicting brother-sister bond
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!