The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary today gave an approval to the party's decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for the ensuing legislative council polls, the party's media in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the state parliamentary board's decision a day after the party's legislature unit had unanimously decided in this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the occasion.
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010 assembly polls.
From Our Network
- Check out hot pics of Pooja Bedi's daughter Aalia Ebrahim!
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to discuss black money with swiss
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi