The state RJD parliamentary board meeting chaired by ex-minister Avadh Bihari Chaudhary today gave an approval to the party's decision to put up Rabri as its official candidate for the ensuing legislative council polls, the party's media in-charge Randhir Yadav said.
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad then gave a final nod to the state parliamentary board's decision a day after the party's legislature unit had unanimously decided in this regard, he said.
Leader of Opposition in the legislative Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui, leader of Opposition in the legislative council Gulam Gaus, state unit RJD President Ramchandra Purve and Ramkripal Yadav (MP) were among the RJD leaders present on the occasion.
Rabri will file her nomination for the legislative council polls on April 11.
She had lost from both Raghavpur and Sonepur assembly constituencies to her JD(U) and BJP counterparts in 2010 assembly polls.
From Our Network
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75419 Baleno cars and 1961 DZire cars
- Markets, bank deposits or gold: Where do govternment’s top ministers invest their money?
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Haryana govt to recover losses caused due to Vadra land deals
- Kajol & Ajay Devgn: An enduring love affair