Patna, Mar 18: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan today described West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as an “unpredictable” leader, who was humiliating the Railway Minister publicly apparently to slight the UPA government.
“Mamata is known as an unpredictable leader...it is not the first time she is behaving in this manner. The TC supremo did the same during the NDA rule,” he told reporters here.
Paswan flayed her for gunning for Trivedi's head for passenger fare hike and said she was humiliating the Railway Minister publicly apparently to slight the UPA government.
The LJP president said that the railway minister too was partly responsible for inviting his leader's ire by saying that he had brought the railways out of ICU as Banerjee was running the Railway before him.
“Mamata is, however, right if she feels offended by Trivedi's remarks, but she has no right to demand the latter's resignation even ahead of the debate on the railway budget in the Parliament,” Paswan said.
Ruling out political instability at the Centre, Paswan said that he did not see a Third Front taking shape in the future.
Turning to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Paswan said that the electorate of Uttar Pradesh had rejected the ‘Nitish Model' of development in the just concluded state assembly election.
The rejection was evident as in the election JD(U) not only drew a blank, but all its candidates lost deposits, he said.
Instead of going it alone, it should have contested in alliance with the BJP and in that case the party could have won a few seats, he said.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special