“The new front ‘Madhya Pradesh Congress Jan Sangharsh Samiti' would strive hard to bring together those Congressmen who were frustrated due to some reason or the other,” Khan, who is the chief patron of the outfit, said in a press conference.
A strong movement would be launched to bring on the common platform all the Congressmen and oust the BJP from power.
He said that the Samiti would work for providing jobs to the unemployed and for welfare of farmers.
“BJP in the last eight years of its rule has done nothing in Madhya Pradesh to fulfil the promises it had made before the last two Assembly elections,” Khan added.
The former member of the Indian hockey team had been elected from Betul Lok Sabha seat on Congress ticket in 1984 and 1991, respectively.
From Our Network
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Delhi University refusing Modi records as he never graduated from it: Arvind Kejriwal
- Kerala polls: Can Sreesanth create history by becoming the first BJP MLA in the state?
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Aamir Khan’s young fan suffering from rare genetic disorder passes away at 15
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- "Amitabh Bachchan apologised to me on behalf of Jaya Bachchan," says Amar Singh
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle