“The new front ‘Madhya Pradesh Congress Jan Sangharsh Samiti' would strive hard to bring together those Congressmen who were frustrated due to some reason or the other,” Khan, who is the chief patron of the outfit, said in a press conference.
A strong movement would be launched to bring on the common platform all the Congressmen and oust the BJP from power.
He said that the Samiti would work for providing jobs to the unemployed and for welfare of farmers.
“BJP in the last eight years of its rule has done nothing in Madhya Pradesh to fulfil the promises it had made before the last two Assembly elections,” Khan added.
The former member of the Indian hockey team had been elected from Betul Lok Sabha seat on Congress ticket in 1984 and 1991, respectively.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Sonia Gandhi tried to declare state of emergency in 2011-12, alleges Subramanian Swamy
- Not so smooth divorce: Britain, EU at odds over timing of exit talks