“The new front ‘Madhya Pradesh Congress Jan Sangharsh Samiti' would strive hard to bring together those Congressmen who were frustrated due to some reason or the other,” Khan, who is the chief patron of the outfit, said in a press conference.
A strong movement would be launched to bring on the common platform all the Congressmen and oust the BJP from power.
He said that the Samiti would work for providing jobs to the unemployed and for welfare of farmers.
“BJP in the last eight years of its rule has done nothing in Madhya Pradesh to fulfil the promises it had made before the last two Assembly elections,” Khan added.
The former member of the Indian hockey team had been elected from Betul Lok Sabha seat on Congress ticket in 1984 and 1991, respectively.
From Our Network
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Govt approves rehabilitation package of Rs 2 lakh for 1,020 families
- Honesty punished, dishonesty rewarded in party: TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- Former IAF chief S P Tyagi cracks, admits meeting Finnmeccanica officials
- Sofia Hayat's hot Holi photos
- Revealed: The plot of Salman Khan’s next movie with ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ director
- Umar Akmal asks for song replay in theatre, picks a fight when demand not met