“The new front ‘Madhya Pradesh Congress Jan Sangharsh Samiti' would strive hard to bring together those Congressmen who were frustrated due to some reason or the other,” Khan, who is the chief patron of the outfit, said in a press conference.
A strong movement would be launched to bring on the common platform all the Congressmen and oust the BJP from power.
He said that the Samiti would work for providing jobs to the unemployed and for welfare of farmers.
“BJP in the last eight years of its rule has done nothing in Madhya Pradesh to fulfil the promises it had made before the last two Assembly elections,” Khan added.
The former member of the Indian hockey team had been elected from Betul Lok Sabha seat on Congress ticket in 1984 and 1991, respectively.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special