The party suspended Puttaswamy, also a special invitee to BJP's backward classes cell, for filing papers which was an “anti-party activity”, BJP state President K S Eshwarappa told reporters here.
“Puttaswamy is not an official candidate of BJP”, Eshwarappa said hours after Yeddyurappa loyalist Puttaswamy made a last-minute entry on the last day of nomination filing hotting up the poll scene amid the political crisis gripping BJP in the state.
The party also felt it was wrong on the part of ten MLAs who signed the nomination papers of Puttaswamy, he said.
Eshwarappa said notices would be issued to these MLAs seeking an explanation for their action.
From Our Network
- Cong knew where the Ganga was going: Parrikar on kickbacks in Agusta deal
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary today (view pics)
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- A tour to professional tattoo and body piercing studio "Irezumi"