The party suspended Puttaswamy, also a special invitee to BJP's backward classes cell, for filing papers which was an “anti-party activity”, BJP state President K S Eshwarappa told reporters here.
“Puttaswamy is not an official candidate of BJP”, Eshwarappa said hours after Yeddyurappa loyalist Puttaswamy made a last-minute entry on the last day of nomination filing hotting up the poll scene amid the political crisis gripping BJP in the state.
The party also felt it was wrong on the part of ten MLAs who signed the nomination papers of Puttaswamy, he said.
Eshwarappa said notices would be issued to these MLAs seeking an explanation for their action.
From Our Network
- Isro to launch 22 satellites in one mission next month
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- To deliver on black money promise, PM Modi may visit Switzerland
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here