The party suspended Puttaswamy, also a special invitee to BJP's backward classes cell, for filing papers which was an “anti-party activity”, BJP state President K S Eshwarappa told reporters here.
“Puttaswamy is not an official candidate of BJP”, Eshwarappa said hours after Yeddyurappa loyalist Puttaswamy made a last-minute entry on the last day of nomination filing hotting up the poll scene amid the political crisis gripping BJP in the state.
The party also felt it was wrong on the part of ten MLAs who signed the nomination papers of Puttaswamy, he said.
Eshwarappa said notices would be issued to these MLAs seeking an explanation for their action.
From Our Network
- SEBI on recovery mode, 4700 acres of Sahara's land put on sale
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- To counter Sahara and Sardha like Ponzi schemes, Modi govt may bring a new bill
- UP horror: 15-yr-old girl raped, murdered and tied to tree
- Missing Pakistani boy found in Rajasthan after 2 years