Chennai, Mar 30: Tamil Nadu unit of BJP today demanded the resignation of Chief Minister M Karunanidhi owning responsibility for the alleged transportation of money meant for voters in police vehicles.
“The Election Commission's submission in Madras High Court that even money was being distributed in police jeeps only confirms continuing violations of electoral rules by the ruling party,” a BJP release said here tonight.
“Karunanidhi who is heading the police department should immediately resign owning responsibility for transportation of money in police van,” it said.
Claiming that the fear of defeat had driven Karunanidhi to shift from the city to Tiruvarur, BJP alleged the Chief Minister taking exception to EC's restrictions and party MP Ritheesh's arrest in connection with a clash strengthened apprehensions that fair polls was not possible in the state.
It said unless the Election Commission “opened its both eyes” polls would not be fair under the Karunanidhi regime. PTI
From Our Network
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Odisha villager hacks toll-free number of private company, causes Rs 60 lakh loss
- Sharad Yadav, Ram Jethmalani, Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha polls
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here