Guwahati: The nominations of 586 candidates have been found valid for the sixty five constituencies going to the poll in the first phase of Assembly elections on April 4.
A total of 599 candidates had filed nominations for the first phase.
"Out of this, 13 were rejected," Additional Chief Electoral Officer of Assam Gaurav Bothra told a press conference here.
The detailed list and names of the rejected and valid candidates were still coming in from different districts and the final picture would be known by tomorrow, he said.
For the second phase of poll on April 11 involving 61 constituencies in the 126-seat Assam Assembly, 35 candidates have filed their nominations till now.
The notification for these seats was issued on March 15, while the last date for filing of nomination is March 22.
The scrutiny of these nominations will be done on March 24 and the last date for withdrawing the same is March 26.
The counting of votes in all constituencies will take place on May 19.
From Our Network
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75419 Baleno cars and 1961 DZire cars
- Markets, bank deposits or gold: Where do govternment’s top ministers invest their money?
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- Haryana govt to recover losses caused due to Vadra land deals
- Kajol & Ajay Devgn: An enduring love affair