With the Toyota Innova Crysta launched at Rs 13.8 ex-showroom Mumbai, we put together a list of five things that you should know about the new premium MPV
1. New powerplants After a decade of being powered by the same old mill, the Crysta finally gets as shake up at the heart of things. The less powerful of the two diesel mills is a 2.4-litre that produces 149PS of power when mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The second is a 2.8-litre pot, which is good for 174PS. This one though comes meshed with a six-speed automatic only. Toyota is tight lipped about any petrol engine but we do expect one to power the Innova soon.
2. Myriad safety features The Innova Crysta has earned a name for itself when it comes to safety. The Japanese carmaker has installed seven airbags, vehicle stability control and hill-start assist in its latest offering. It secured a 4-star rating in the ASEAN NCAP New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asian Countries crash test.
3. Two drive modes The Innova will get two driving modes, namely Power and Eco. The latter optimizes the engine for better fuel efficiency, whereas the Power mode lets one utilize full potential of the motor.
4. Features The Innova Crysta gets a plethora of updates from its predecessor. These include segment-first attributes like automatic climate control with rear auto AC, LED projector headlamps, one touch tumble & space-up rear seats and back door easy closer. Other important features like an eight-way power adjust driver seat, seven-inch touchscreen audio with navigation and smart entry with push button start are also available on the new Toyota.
5. More muscle on the outside At 4735mm x 1830mm x 1795mm (LxBxH) dimensions, the new Innova is 150mm longer, 65mm wider and 35mm taller than the outgoing model. However, the wheelbase remains identical at 2750mm. Do tell us what you think about the car in the comment section below.