"Let's pray for a violence-free, stress-free and prosperous Africa where nature is preserved, with its wildlife and water," the founder of the Art of Living Foundation said after guiding thousands of people from all races and religious groups in a meditation session.
"The whole continent of 53 countries is celebrating today 50 years of joining hands together. A peaceful, prosperous Africa is my dream and I'm sure the dream of millions of people around the world," Shankar said.
The I-Meditate Africa concept was created by two young South African members of the Art of Living Foundation, Vanishree Pavadai and Kirtida Bhana.
"Instead of Africa being called the Dark Continent as in the past, let's create a pattern of vibrations that will make it the Continent of Light," Bhana said at the gathering in Johannesburg, which joined Durban and Cape Town in South Africa as host cities.
From Our Network
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- What? Pulkit Samrat is ‘too busy’ to divorce Salman Khan’s rakhi sister Shweta Rohira?
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet clears 23.5 pc salary hike for central govt employees
- Vin Diesel shares his wonderful moments with Pauline and Deepika
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry