A tribunal on Tuesday pronounced Jamaat leader Abdul Quader Mollah guilty of killing and aiding Pakistani troops in killing 369 others during its independence war in 1971. He was sentenced to life in prison.
Street clashes that followed the verdict killed up to four people and injured dozens more on Tuesday.
Local news agency bdnews24.com reported more clashes between activists and police in Dhaka on Wednesday. Television footage shows the activists throwing stones at the police.
Tight security is in place in Dhaka as paramilitary border guards are also patrolling the streets.
From Our Network
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Ensure NEET is never forced on Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa writes to PM Modi