She was crowned as Miss Nork 2013. Now she is the first Indian American chosen as Miss America. Davuluri was born in Syracuse, but moved to Oklahoma at age four then to Michigan at 10. Six years ago, her family moved to Fayetteville.
She woe the judges with a Bollywood fusion dance.
She was crowned as Miss America 2014 by Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan.
After her win, she invited friends back to her hotel room to celebrate. During the talent portion of the show, Davuluri distractedly applauded for herself when her name was called.
“Next up for talent is Miss New York,” host Lara Spencer announced. Davuluri continued applauding, so another contestant hopped up and ran forward instead.
Spencer again declared, “Miss New York, you are up... Miss New York, you are up!”
Despite missing her cue, many viewers felt she made up for it with her Bollywood routine.
Nina Davuluri became the second consecutive contestant from New York to win the Miss America pageant.
Here are some pics of this Diva
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Abhishek Bachchan reacts to reports of wife Aishwarya’s pregnancy
- Choppergate fallout: Govt scraps Rs 1,200 crore deal to procure Torpedoes for submarines
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?