So far, more than 2,000 women have reported that they became pregnant shortly after touching the wooden fertility statues.
Many of them had been told by doctors they would never be able to conceive.
Some are very serious about touching the statues, believing in their powers to help them conceive.
Others want to avoid touching the fertlity statues - for the very same reason.
The idea of fertility statues appear in a variety of cultures. Fertility statues serve both as a tribute to whatever fertility gods that the locals believe in, as well as often a mystical totem which helps the women of a given tribe to conceive and bear healthy children.
From Our Network
- Check out hot pics of Pooja Bedi's daughter Aalia Ebrahim!
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to discuss black money with swiss
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi