New Delhi: Known as the Opal capital of the world, Coober Pedy is a town in South Australia.
The interesting fact about this place is people live underground.
This cavernous community was built by miners sheltering from harsh daytime temperatures, and now includes an underground church, museums, potteries, shops, an art gallery and a hotel; residents emerge at night to play golf on grassless courses using illuminated balls.
The town has a population of 3,500 and over 45 different nationalities.
From Our Network
- Here's how Indian Railway coaches will look in future (see pics)
- Kerala Principal furious after students prepare ‘grave’, sprinkle it with flowers as 'retirement gift'
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- World War II bomb defused in Munich
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Rahul Gandhi bought 2 shops at market rates: Emaar MGF