New Delhi: Known as the Opal capital of the world, Coober Pedy is a town in South Australia.
The interesting fact about this place is people live underground.
This cavernous community was built by miners sheltering from harsh daytime temperatures, and now includes an underground church, museums, potteries, shops, an art gallery and a hotel; residents emerge at night to play golf on grassless courses using illuminated balls.
The town has a population of 3,500 and over 45 different nationalities.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!