Satheesa Babu, a 50-year-old father of two, won the draw conducted inside the Qatar Duty Free retail area at Doha International Airport.
Babu has been a resident of Doha for 15 years. Qatar Duty Free is a subsidiary of Qatar Airways. An aircraft technician with the Qatar Emiri Air Force, Babu bought his lucky ticket in April before boarding his flight from Doha airport to Thiruvananthapuram.
“Buying a ticket to win USD 1 million has become a habit for me, for the last four years whenever I go for annual vacation to my home town in India. I am delighted to have finally won and can call myself a lucky person. My win makes me feel more secure as I can plan my family's future and invest in my children's education,” Babu said.
The US Dollar Millionaire raffle was launched in May 2006 giving passengers an opportunity to win the prize as each draw is made after 5,000 tickets are sold.
“This is the best prize I've ever received in my life and I'm sure that I'll never lose a chance to buy the Millionaire draw ticket again. Qatar Duty free has changed my life and I take this opportunity to wish them continued success,” he said.
Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said, “I offer my personal congratulations to Babu on being the lucky winner of the latest draw”.
From Our Network
- How a brave act by Vivek Oberoi ruined his career
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo, asks PM Modi to sack Raghuram Rajan immediately
- Salman’s ‘Sultan’ on same lines as SRK’s Chak De! India’. Here’s the proof!
- And film industry’s best kept secret according to Richa Chadha is…
- Man hid 1 kg gold in SpiceJet flight, caught after frequent toilet use