Satheesa Babu, a 50-year-old father of two, won the draw conducted inside the Qatar Duty Free retail area at Doha International Airport.
Babu has been a resident of Doha for 15 years. Qatar Duty Free is a subsidiary of Qatar Airways. An aircraft technician with the Qatar Emiri Air Force, Babu bought his lucky ticket in April before boarding his flight from Doha airport to Thiruvananthapuram.
“Buying a ticket to win USD 1 million has become a habit for me, for the last four years whenever I go for annual vacation to my home town in India. I am delighted to have finally won and can call myself a lucky person. My win makes me feel more secure as I can plan my family's future and invest in my children's education,” Babu said.
The US Dollar Millionaire raffle was launched in May 2006 giving passengers an opportunity to win the prize as each draw is made after 5,000 tickets are sold.
“This is the best prize I've ever received in my life and I'm sure that I'll never lose a chance to buy the Millionaire draw ticket again. Qatar Duty free has changed my life and I take this opportunity to wish them continued success,” he said.
Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said, “I offer my personal congratulations to Babu on being the lucky winner of the latest draw”.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special