Singh and US Army Chief of Staff Gen Ray Odierno discussed the ongoing army-to-army cooperation and opportunities to further strengthen bilateral cooperation through joint training exercises and military exchanges. General Singh also utilised the opportunity to discuss the US-India defence relationship with other senior US military leadership and advance India's military interests, according to an official statement.
Before his trip, the Indian Army had said that the visit assumes special significance in the light of enhanced defence cooperation between the two countries over the last few years and rapidly increasing defence engagements under the new framework for India-US defence relations.
Noting that present cooperation between the two sides was on a rise, the Army had said it “encompasses equipment procurement, exchange of delegations, training and conduct of joint exercises. It is notable the US undertakes maximum number of joint exercises with India among all nations.” Singh was inducted into US Army War College International (UAWSC) Fellows Hall of Fame, an outstanding honour in the international military community. Singh, an alumnus of the USAWC, delivered a keynote speech to its class of 2013-2014.
From Our Network
- Post break-up with Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande STUNS everyone with her new avatar
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- This is how Akshay Kumar has already defeated Shah Rukh Khan in game of screens