Apart from razing down the pre-partition Shri Rama Pir Mandir, the private builder also demolished four houses located next to it. Nearly 40 people became homeless as a result.
“They destroyed our mandir and humiliated our gods,” said an angry Prakash, pointing towards the huge debris of concrete, stones and walls of the temple.
The demolishing team did place the statues of four Hindu deities on the side but the residents accused them of taking away their gold jewellery and crowns.
From Our Network
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- US Man gets first-of-its-kind multiple organ transplant