The accident occurred near Sheikhupura city early this morning while the bus was going from Lahore to Faisalabad.
Karamat Ali, an official of the state-run rescue service, told PTI that several women were among the dead.
Ali said a passenger told rescue workers that the bus hit an electricity pole after the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Police officials said the bus was speeding at the time of the accident. Local residents and rescue teams took the injured to a hospital in Sheikhupura.
From Our Network
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Amitabh Bachchan speaks up on bahu Aishwarya’s ‘purple lips’, says ‘What’s wrong with that’
- Fresh pair in town: Sunny Leone to romance this ‘Khan’ in ‘Tera Intezaar’
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way