The accident occurred near Sheikhupura city early this morning while the bus was going from Lahore to Faisalabad.
Karamat Ali, an official of the state-run rescue service, told PTI that several women were among the dead.
Ali said a passenger told rescue workers that the bus hit an electricity pole after the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
Police officials said the bus was speeding at the time of the accident. Local residents and rescue teams took the injured to a hospital in Sheikhupura.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Now job reservations in private sector also ?
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special