Haj is a demonstration of solidarity of the Muslim people, and their submission to Allah (God).
The pilgrimage occurs from the 8th day to the 12th day of Dhu al-Hijjah, the 12th and last month of the Islamic calendar. Because the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, eleven days shorter than the Gregorian calendar used in the Western world, the Gregorian date of the Haj changes from year to year.
Ihram is the name given to the special spiritual state in which Muslims live while on pilgrimage.
From Our Network
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Rajya Sabha today
- Karan Johar, Rishi Kapoor launch online casting portal
- Astrologer had predicted Kangana would have demonic influence in her life on Salman’s show
- Marine Salvatore Girone will be home 'in a few weeks', says Italy