The militants attacked the Bacha Khan Airport in Peshawar around 8.30 p.m.
According to local media reports, five rockets were fired by the militants at the airport and two of them hit the runaway.
Five attackers were among the dead and over 40 others were injured, Xinhua reported.
All international and domestic flights were cancelled following the attack.
The attack was in response to a recent military operation in the area, the army said.
The airport authorities said all their assets were safe.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf condemned the attack.
From Our Network
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Odisha villager hacks toll-free number of private company, causes Rs 60 lakh loss
- Sharad Yadav, Ram Jethmalani, Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha polls
- 65 samples + 22 fonts 1 golden Sultan: New poster of Salman Khan’s EID release creates curiosity
- Bihar Board Class 10 results to be declared shortly, check it here