There are many incidents reported which have led to murders, deaths, only because of arguments on social networking sites. Here is a compilation of 10 ridiculous deaths due to social media.
1. Auckland woman that preyed on school boys by creating fake girl profiles and killing them virtually
The craziest, most ridiculous social networking killer wasn't actually a killer at all — the only murders this woman committed took place in her own deranged imagination.
A 28-year-old New Zealander woman spent months creating Facebook profiles for (fake) attractive teenage girls, going by the questionable names of "Jordz Williams", "Becca Maria Jullienne", and "Abby Jane Zoe William" with the aim of seducing dozens of teen schoolboys into online relationships.
After creating an attractive new profile, the woman would sometimes kill the fictitious person, using some of her other personas to break the news on the girl's Facebook site.
Boys were referred to a tribute-type blog spot for the dead young woman where they could leave messages.
About 40 schoolboy victims of the female Facebook predator have now been identified as investigating possible grounds for charging the woman.
These were discovered only when a 22-year-old woman found her own photographs in an online memorial video for that was supposed to be a girl named "Abby".
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Did you know before ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, Aishwarya and Ranbir worked together in a movie 17 years ago?
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Shekhar Kapur's daughter makes singing debut, SRK and other B-town celebs tweet love to her
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain