This was the first chartered aircraft to operate from Dehradun carrying stranded tourists and pilgrims, aviation sources said here.
A Boeing 737-700, belonging to Jet Airways and operated by aircharter firm Subha Aviation, was chartered by the Gujarat government at the instance of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, they said.
The aircraft took off from Jolly Grant airport at 0830 hours and reached Ahmedabad almost two hours later, the sources said.
Some other states like Bihar and Rajasthan, from where people are still stranded in the affected region, were also contemplating chartering airplanes to evacuate them expeditiously.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- Chart prepared! Don't worry, you can still book train tickets
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- Haryana government rechristens Gurgaon as Gurugram, Mewat as Nuh
- Kashmir firing: Death toll mounts to 3, curfew imposed in Handwara town
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special