However, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat issued a statement denying "rumours" of arresting a second accused or looking for him.
A senior police official said they will investigate whether any other person is involved in the incident either in raping the girl or helping the accused Manoj Kumar, who was arrested from Bihar, flee from the capital after the incident on April 15.
The girl was locked in his ground floor rented accommodation in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar by her neighbour Kumar (22) on April 15 and brutally raped her before fleeing thinking that the girl is dead.
"We are questioning Kumar. As of now he has not told us about a second accused. Further investigations and interrogation are on," the official said without ruling out the possibility of the emergence of a second person.
Kumar was brought to Delhi from Patna after his arrest from his in-laws' house in Muzaffarpur district.
The rape has outraged the capital with many hitting the streets demanding justice for the victim and punishing policemen who were lax in helping the family.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?