The workers also set fire to a Noida Fire Brigade vehicle and ransacked factories and shops, where work was in progress.
The two-day strike call given by the major trade unions had little effect in the national capital where, buses, Delhi Metro and taxis plied normally.
The same was the scene in Mumbai, but in Kolkata, the Left trade unions ensured a complete bandh.
In Ambala, Haryana, an AITUC leader Narender Singh was crushed by a bus, as he was trying to prvent plying of Haryana Roadways buses. The protesters damaged several vehicles parked in the vicinity.
From Our Network
- How a brave act by Vivek Oberoi ruined his career
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo, asks PM Modi to sack Raghuram Rajan immediately
- Salman’s ‘Sultan’ on same lines as SRK’s Chak De! India’. Here’s the proof!
- And film industry’s best kept secret according to Richa Chadha is…
- Man hid 1 kg gold in SpiceJet flight, caught after frequent toilet use