After being informed by locals, who spotted the carcass in the forests near Purumunda under Ghatagon range this afternoon, forest personnel went to the spot and buried it after the post-mortem.
Though both the tusks of the pachyderm were intact, an inquiry was on to ascertain whether poachers were involved in the incident.
From Our Network
- Misplaced anger over Arjun Tendulkar’s selection over record-breaking Pranav for West Zone U-16 side?
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- Is Kangana’s legal battle with Hrithik Roshan impacting her career?