December 13, 2001 ; A white ambassador car carrying a fake Home Ministry label, with five Jaish terrorists armed to their teeth enters Parliament House premises. The terrorists fire indiscriminately at securitymen, who immediately took up positions. An alert securitymen immediately shut the main gate of Parliament House, with ministers and parliamentarians inside.
The attack took place at 11:40 am. The terrorists had dry fruits with them, which meant they had come to take MPs hostages. All the five terrorists were killed and five Delhi Policemen, a female constable of CRPF, two Parliament security guards, a gardener and a cameraman were killed in the shootout.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Micromax launches Canvas Unite 4, Unite 4 Pro: Everything you need to know
- BJP reins in Subramanian Swamy; PM lashes out, party cancels two events