New Delhi: As the nation celebrates the birthday of the first Sikh Guru Nanak Dev on Wednesday, one needs to ponder over the significance of the day.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born, according to all ancient Sikh records, in the early morning of the third day of the light half of the month of Baisakh (April - May) in the year 1469; this is believed to be Saturday April 15, 1469.
However, Sikhs now celebrate this auspicious event each year on Kartik Poornima, the full moon day in November, and the date in November changes from one year to another.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born in Rai-Bhoi-di Talwandi in present Shekhupura district of Pakistan, now Nankana Sahib. He evinced interest towards religion and philosophy since his childhood days.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: RCB, Sunrisers to clash for maiden title win
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi to enter Bollywood soon?
- Subramanian Swamy accuses Raghuram Rajan of favouring US multinationals
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war