"I count on Pakistan authorities to show that they are resolute in combating terrorism," Sarkozy said at a commemorative function at Trident-Oberoi Hotel, one of the sites of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Comparing the Mumbai terror strikes to 9/11 attacks in the US, he said, "We shall stand by India so that justice is delivered".
Calling for international cooperation to check terror, Sarkozy said terrorism should be outlawed universally. "We should have true international cooperation to combat terrorism," he said.
Sarkozy also honoured Karambir Kang of Taj Hotel and Devendra Bharma of Trident-Oberoi for their efforts in saving lives during 26/11 attacks with `Insignia of Officer of Ordre National Du Merite' for distinguished service.
Earlier, on arrival here this morning, the French President paid tributes to the 26/11 martyrs at the Police Memorial on Marine Drive.
Accompanied by wife Carla Bruni and French officials, the President laid a wreath in the memory of the martyred security personnel and observed a minute's silence. PTI
From Our Network
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- JeM plan to launch Pathankot-like strike in NCR foiled
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- Donald Trump takes the reins of divided Republican Party
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu