The Chinese assessment was conveyed to the Indian Defence ministry team which visited Beijing on January 14 and 15 for the third round of the Annual Defence Dialogue between the two countries.
During the meeting with the Indian team led by Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, the Chinese side asked India to forget the 1962 war as an "unfortunate" thing of the past and said it looked forward towards better relations between the two countries, highly-placed defence sources said here today.
From Our Network
- Economist or Banker? 7 candidates likely to succeed Rajan at RBI
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime
- Nokia appoints Sanjay Malik to lead its India business
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Sheila Dikshit ‘turns down’ Congress’ offer to be CM face for UP polls: report