New Delhi: The CBI probing the infamous Ghaziabad Provident Fund (PF) scam has chargesheeted three former judges of the Allahabad High Court of illegally siphoning off provident funds of Class-IV employees of the Ghaziabad district court.
The CBI on Saturday filed chargesheet against 78 people, including three former judges of Allahabad High Court and three district judges.
Moreover, several senior judges had allegedly benefited from the scam, which ran to the tune of Rs 23 crore. The case became murkier after the key accused Ashutosh Asthana, who died under mysterious circumstances at the Dasna jail.
The PF scam was unearthed in 2008 with the arrest of the main accused Ashutosh Asthana. The CBI chargesheet says that Asthana in collusion with six judges had fraudulently withdrawn cash from the court treasury. The CBI in its chargesheet says that an amount of Rs 6.58 Crore was fraudulently taken out from the general provident fund of fake employees.
The three former High Court judges and three district judges are accused of cheating and criminal conspiracy. Earlier, fingers were also raised against a former Supreme Court judge, but he was given a clean chit after an internal inquiry.
However, with allegations of corruption sticking against justice Dinakaran and Justice Soumitro Sen, who are sitting judges of the Karnataka and Calcutta High Court's - the judiciary will find it difficult to redeem its image in the face of fresh charges against it.
From Our Network
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Exclusive pic of Asaram Bapu ashram in Jodhpur, where girl alleges she was raped
- JeM plan to launch Pathankot-like strike in NCR foiled
- Punjab: All women above 40 will be examined for breast cancer
- 12-year-old Kota boy qualifies for International Biology Olympiad
- Amitabh Bachchan reacts over Amar Singh’s apology statement about Jaya Bachchan
- Raees Vs Kabil: Rakesh Roshan REACTS to Hrithik-SRK’s box-office clash!
- Shahid Kapoor’s ‘Udta Punjab’ has already defeated Salman Khan’s PRDP in this department
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?